Name and Objectives
1. The name of the Club shall be ‘Clacton Jetski Club’ (hereinafter referred to in these rules as the club).
2. The object on which the club is formed is to promote and facilitate the sport of Personal Watercraft’s and also to provide social and other facilities for members as may be from time to time determined.
3. The officers of the club shall be Full or Family members of the club and shall consist of a Chairman, a Secretary and a Treasurer and 3 other members of the committee. Officers shall be automatically re-elected at the AGM in each year unless there wish to stand down from office in which case there must give 28 days’ notice. Any member may become an officer if there is a valuable position but must have been a full paid member for at least 9 months beforehand. If more than one member would like to stand for office then an election process and vote must take place, the member with the most votes will then take office, each member should be given suitable time to canvass for vote. The time suitable should be agreed by all members wishing to take office.
4. The Membership Officer shall:
- Keep a register of club members’ names and addresses;
- Conduct the correspondence of the club
5. The Secretary/Treasurer shall:
- Keep custody of all club document
- Keep full minutes of all meetings of the club, the Committee which shall be confirmed and signed by the appropriate Chairman upon the agreement of the club, the Committee at the next following meeting of the club
- Maintain any such certificates or registrations, and complete any such non-financial returns, as may be required by law.
- Cause such books of account to be kept as are necessary to give a true and fair view of the state of finances of the club.
6. The Auditors (other committee members)
- Shall be appointed at the AGM in each year.
- The auditors shall audit the accounts of the club when called upon to do so and shall give such certificate of assurance as to the accuracy of the said accounts as shall be required by law or the committee;
There shall be the following categories of membership with power to vote at all meetings of the club as indicated hereunder.
A FULL MEMBER – being a person who, at the date of election, is over the age of eighteen shall have one vote.
A FAMILY MEMBER – which expression shall include one or two parents and all children under eighteen years of age. The family unit shall have one vote, exercisable by either parent.
A JUNIOR MEMBER – being a person who, at the date of election, is under the age of eighteen shall have no vote.
A HONORARY MEMBER – being a person that has been given honorary membership (no annual fee) because of the duties, past commitment or other outstanding work for the club and voted by the members and agreed by the officers to be given this achievement award will have the power of one vote.
Members Entrance & Subscription Fee
8. The rate of Entrance and Subscription fee for each category of Membership shall be proposed by the Committee to the members at the AGM in each year. Any proposed changes shall be approved by a majority of those present and entitled to vote and shall become operative on the first day of March in the year following. The current rate of entrance and subscription fee shall be prominently displayed on all paperwork.
Member’s duty to provide an up to date address
9. Every member shall furnish the Secretary with an up to date address which shall be recorded in the Register of members and any notice sent to such address as shall be deemed to have been duly delivered.
Election and Retirement of Members
10. Upon receipt of an application for membership, the Membership Officer shall enter such application in a Register of Candidates along with all relevant paperwork.
11. Upon election, a candidate shall pay, within one calendar month, such Entrance and other fees as shall be requested. In default of such payment, the election shall be void unless sufficient cause for delay is shown.
12. A member desirous of retiring from membership shall five days’ notice in writing to the Secretary. No refund will be given to any retiring member regardless of reason.
13. The committee may cancel, without notice given, the membership of any member whose annual subscription and other annual fees are more than three months in arrears provided that the committee may, at its discretion, reinstate such member upon payment of arrears.
Conduct of Members
14. Every member, upon election and thereafter, is deemed to have notice of, and impliedly undertakes to comply with, the club rules and the current byelaws and regulations of the club. Any refusal or neglect to do so, or any conduct which, in the opinion of the committee, is either unworthy of a member of otherwise injurious to the interests of the club, shall render a member liable to expulsion by the committee.
15. PROVIDED THAT, before expelling a member, the committee shall call upon such member for a written explanation of the members conduct and shall give the member full opportunity of making explanation to the committee, or of resigning.
16. A resolution to expel a member shall be carried by a simple majority vote by those members of the management committee present and voting on the resolution unless Club Rule 11 is broken and witnessed by another Club member or member of the public.
17. A member shall not knowingly remove, injure, destroy or damage any property of the club and shall make restitution for the same if called upon to do so by the committee or by the secretary upon the instructions of the committee.
18. Complaints of any nature relating to the management of the club premises shall be addressed in writing to the secretary.
Limitation of club liability
19. Members of the club, their guests or visitors may use the club premises and any other facilities the club entirely at their own risk and impliedly accept:
- The club will not accept any liability for any damage to or loss of property belonging to members, their guests or visitors to the club.
- The club will not accept any liability of personal injury arising out of the use of club premises, any other facilities of the club whether sustained by members, guests or visitors or caused by the said members, guests or visitors whether or not such damage or injury could have been attributed to or was occasioned by the neglect, default or negligence of any of them, the officers, committee or servants of the club.
20. Members of the club and acceptance of these rules by the member will be deemed to constitute consent to the holding of relevant personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1984.
21. The management committee (herein referred to as the committee) shall consist of the officers, ex officio and not less than 3 Full or Family members of the club elected at the AGM please see rule 3.
22. If the number of candidates for election is greater than the number of vacancies to be filled then there shall be a ballot.
23. If the number of candidates for election is equal to or less than the number of vacancies to be filled then all candidates shall be deemed to be elected if two thirds of those present at the AGM and entitled to vote, vote in favour of such election.
24. In the event of the ballot failing to determine the members of the committee because of an equality of votes the candidate or candidates to be elected from those having an equal number of votes shall be determined by lot.
25. A retiring chairman shall serve as an ex officio member of the committee in the year immediately following his retirement.
26. Voting (except in the case of a resolution relating to the expulsion of a member) shall be by a show of hands. In the committee case of equality of votes the chairman shall have a second and casting vote.
Powers of the committee
27. The committee shall manage the affairs of the club according to the rules and shall cause the funds of the club to be applied solely to the objects of the club or for a benevolent or charitable purpose nominated by General meeting.
28. The committee shall make such byelaws and regulations as it shall from time to time think fit. Such byelaws and regulations shall remain in force until approved or set aside by a vote of a General Meeting of the club.
29. A member of the committee, in transacting business for the club, shall disclose to third parties that he is so acting.
30. The committee, or any person delegated by the committee to act as agent for the club or its members, shall enter into contract only as far as expressly authorised, or authorised by implication by the members. No one shall, without the express authority of the membership in general meeting, pledge the credit of the membership.
31. In pursuance of the authority vested in the committee by members of the club, members of the committee are entitled to be indemnified by the members of the club against any liabilities properly incurred by them or any one of them on behalf of the club wherever the contract is of a duly authorised nature or could be assumed to be of a duly authorised nature and entered into on behalf of the club.
32. The limit of any individual members indemnity in this respect shall be a sum equal to one years subscription at the then current rate of that category of membership unless the committee has been authorised to exceed such limit by a general meeting of the club.
Meetings of the club
33. An AGM of the club shall be held each year on a date fixed by the committee. The Secretary shall at least fourteen days before the date of such meeting or any general meting as hereinafter mentioned post or deliver to each member notice hereof and of the business to be brought forward thereat.
34. The committee may at any time call a general meeting of the club for any special business the nature of which shall be stated in the summons convening the meeting.
35. At every meeting of the club the chairman or, in their absence, a chairman elected by those present shall preside.
36. On any resolution properly put to a meeting of the club relating to the creation, repeal or amendment of any rule, byelaw or regulation of the club such rule, byelaw or regulation shall not be created, repealed or amended except by a majority vote of at least two-thirds of those present and entitled to vote.
Dissolution of the Club
37. If, upon the winding up or dissolution of the club, there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever, the same shall be paid to or distributed amongst the members of the club.
Control of car parking
38. Cars may only be parked in areas designated for such parking, they must also not cause an obstruction to other cars or to the approaches to the club premises.